Delicious warm or cold, this latte nourishes the nervous system and reduces inflammation. Great for any time of day!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon, ground Ceylon when available
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/8 tsp clove, ground
- 1/8 tsp cardamom, ground
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, finely ground optional
- 1/8 tsp chaga powder optional
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 drops stevia or monk fruit
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 Tb collagen peptides
Put all ingredients in saucepan and warm on medium heat.
Whisk while warming.
Serve with dash of cinnamon on top.
The black pepper and the chaga both have the effect of increasing the absorption of curcumin from the turmeric. This is the widely researched, potent anti-inflammatory part of the plant.