To Our Tribe,
In light of all that is underway, I have endeavored to assemble all the best pillars and products of support for immune health I could think of and gather. As always, my first thoughts are to encourage you to adopt the lifestyle pieces first. I know this is a time people may feel more drawn than usual to sugar, alcohol and processed foods, but please remember that in order for immune support to work, you want to support the immune system rather than depress it. Maintain mindfulness or meditation practices. It can feel harder than ever to quiet the mind now, but we have more time than usual to sit and use our breath to decompress ourselves and bring our nervous systems down. This is essential to minimize inflammation and give our immune systems the strength they may need to draw from.
As for the supplements, I have included many of the obvious and also some that are more specific. Some of what is here I usually reserve for very specific therapeutic protocols, however our current circumstances call for a different perspective. Many of the more common immune support options are sold out everywhere you look, so the other choices may be less well known and therefore more available.
Please also refer back to my Cold Season blog from a couple months back https://taprootenergetics.com/cold-season/
There is no other time we have been globally called upon to pause and acclimate to a slower pace as a way of practicing service, protecting those we love and the loved ones of others worldwide. Let’s all heed the call together to stay home. Take focused care of yourself and those you love. Let’s be together online and look forward to long hugs when this has all passed.
Wishing you and all those you love health, support, hugs and light,
Bridgette and the Taproot Team
P.S. If you need one-on-one support, please reach out. Dr. Bill Bastian and I are both currently working with people remotely.
- Vitamin C – 3,000-4,000mg every day, every 2-3 hours if you feel like you’re coming down with something
- Zinc – at least 30 mg per day
- Multimineral supplement
- Wellness Formula – resistance liquid or capsules
- Herb Pharm – rapid immune boost, daily immune support, propolis, eleuthero licorice, lobelia
- Kick Ass Biotic
- Colloidal Silver
- Cats Claw Elite – Quicksilver
- Oregon Grape Root
- B complex
- Kyolic garlic immune
- Biocidin Throat Spray
- My Community mushroom extract and/or mushroom powders
- Coconut oil
- Epidemicus 30c
- Mercurisu Sol
- Eupatorium Perfoliatum
Momma B’s Immune Tonic Recipe
- 2 c. lemon juice
- 8-10 cloves garlic
- 2 in. ginger
- 2 in. turmeric
- 2 Tb. colloidal silver
- 3 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 2 drops oil of oregano
- ¼ tsp. cayenne
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme
- ¼ raw onion
- 2 tbs. raw honey
Put all ingredients in blender or Vitamix and run until well-mixed and ginger, turmeric and garlic pieces are small.
- Avoid sugar and processed foods!! These depress immune function.
- Avoid consuming too many acid producing foods i.e. alcohol, sugar, animal protein, processed foods.
- Avoid mucous producing foods – sugar, dairy and wheat/gluten (this virus creates very thick mucous that coats the lungs).
- Eat a mostly alkaline diet – some animal protein but only 20-30% of your portion and everything organic.
- Enjoy ginger tea, tulsi tea, gypsy cold care tea, detox teas, rooibos.
- Eat in a balanced and consistent way. Eat within an hour of being awake. Eat every three hours. Reassure your body it will receive nourishment to decrease any internal stress.
- Start every day with warm lemon water w/fresh ginger root.
- Use fresh herbs in all cooking – most have natural antiviral and antibacterial properties.
- Lots of onion – helps to thin mucous.
- Consume daikon radish, beets, fresh burdock root – all are good for the liver.
- Eat more living foods – sprouts (easy to do at home), fresh vegetable juice, live sauerkraut.
- Make sure non-starchy vegetables take up 70% of your plate.
- Drink bone broth daily if possible – The Flavor Chef (online only), Epic or Kettle and Fire.
- Include superfoods like camu camu, moringa, chlorella.
- Enjoy sea vegetables.
- Dry Brushing
- Jumping up and down – helps with lymphatic circulation
- Breathing practices (Try looking up breathing practices for anxiety on YouTube)
- Gargle with salt water daily
- Adequate hydration (drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day)
- Healthy elimination (at least one bowel movement per day!)
- Exercise daily but not too much. Avoid too little or too much. Find the sweet spot where you break a sweat but aren’t exhausted afterward.
- Tai chi, qi gong, and yoga are all wonderful daily supports.
- Take Epsom salt, baking soda and essential oil baths.
- Minimize consumption of social media, news and technology in general
- Steam inhalations with eucalyptus, fir and pine essential oils
- Neti Pot
- Smudge with Palos Santo and/or white sage
- When and where possible get in the sunlight daily
- Thieves or On Guard
- Tea Tree or Melaleuca
- Bay Laurel