Leek and Asparagus Soup
- 2 Tb. olive oil extra virgin
- 1 leek, large white part only, finely chopped
- 1 fennel bulb chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 lbs. asparagus chopped in 1/2 in. pieces
- 6 cups veggie or chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tb fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 Tb lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
Heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add leek and a pinch of salt. Saute until translucent.
Add the fennel and sauce about 3 more minutes.
Stir in garlic, asparagus and salt.
Pour in 1 cup of stock, cover and cook 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Add remaining stock. Take half of soup and place in blender. Puree until smooth.
Stir in the pepper, parsley, dill, lemon juice, lemon zest and 1/4 tsp salt.