Butternut squah – A wonderful source of potassium, manganese, beta carotene, fiber and vitamin C, butternut squash is a delicious and nutritious food. It is also rich in antioxidants and phytochemicals.
Eggs – A wonderful source of a complete protein that is easier to digest than most animal proteins. Cage free, organic chicken eggs will also often contain omega 3. The yolk contains choline which is necessary for optimal brain function. The fat and protein contribute to satiety, assisting with blod sugar stability and the digestibility of eggs makes them a good choice.
Coconut Flour –Coconut flour has very high fiber and is gluten free and nut free. It is safe for most people. It also contains medium chain triglycerides which are wonderful healthy fats and is low on the glycemic scale, making it a good choice for those with blood sugar imbalances.
- ½ c. butternut squash
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tb. coconut flour
- ¼ tsp. each clove, nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, sea salt
- 10-20 drops stevia (or to taste)
- Coconut oil for the pan
• Separate egg whites from yolks and place in medium mixing bowl. Whip egg whites until frothy/foamy.
• In a separate bowl, combine squash with yolks, flour, vanilla, spices and sweetener. Fold in egg whites.
• Warm a skillet over medium high heat. Add a Tb. of coconut oil and coat pan.
• Add 2 Tb. of batter to hot pan.
• Cook until golden on both sides.