- 2½ - 3 c. chickpeas (soaked for 8 hours, drained and well rinsed)
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1½ Tb. fresh peeled ginger, minced
- ½ c. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 - 3 fresh green chili peppers (finely minced w/o seeds)
- 1 Tb. coriander, ground
- 1½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ - 2 c. water
- coconut oil
• Blend soaked beans in blender or food processor.
• Mix everything together except the water and oil. Add the water to make the batter a pourable consistency.
• Whip with a fork to make it fluffy. Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the batter to further thicken.
• Heat an iron or heavy skillet and add 1-2 Tb. of coconut oil to cook.
• Cook as you would a pancake.Cook until golden brown.
• Serve plain or with cashew cream, and garnish with chopped green onions.