Bones (after process) - Bone broth pulls all the amazing minerals, collagen, gelatin and amino acids from the bones and makes them available to us. This supports the immune system and aids in healing the gut lining. Repairing and healing the gut can go a long way toward improving depression symptoms.
Seaweed - According to TCM, vegetables from the kelp family are among the most completely mineralized foods. They are good for the thyroid and inflammatory conditions. Rich in major and trace minerals.
Ginger - Ginger has strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Ginger also aids in stimulating circulation and blood flow. It is known to help with nausea and assist in modulating healthy immune response
- 4 lb. organic pastured beef bones
- 2 T. apple cider vinegar
- 3 large carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 2 large onions
- 1 bunch kale
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ in. 11/2 in. ginger
- 1 in. fresh turmeric root
- 4 fresh burdock root (if available)
- 4 strips kombu seaweed
- 6 broccoli stalks, chopped
• Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
• Place bones in roasting pan and roast in oven for 20 minutes. Allow to cool.
• Place bones & apple cider vinegar in 20 qt. stock pot with enough water to cover.
• Let soak for 30 minutes.
• Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
• Simmer for 24-48 hours. Add more water as needed to keep bones submerged. Scoop off foam if it accumulates and throw away.
• Allow to cool and freeze extra as needed.