Beet and Fennel Puree
Wonderful for your liver and reducing inflammation, this puree is great hot or cold
- 2 Tb coconut oil or ghee
- 1 fennel bulb large, thinly sliced, ends removed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 in. ginger root fresh, peeled
- 4 red beets medium, peeled and chopped
- 1 yellow onion medium, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tb lemon juice
- 3 cups bone broth of veggie mineral broth
In a heavy bottomed pot, heat the cooking oil on low heat. When oil has melted sauté the fennel for 10 minutes or until it softens.
Add the garlic, ginger and onion to the pot and cook for a few more minutes.
Add the broth, beets, bay leaf and salt. Simmer for 40 minutes.
Remove the bay leaf. Transfer the soup to a high speed blender and mix until smooth. Squeeze fresh lemon when ready to serve.